Touching the Invisible
by Norman Grubb
Published by Christian Literature Crusade ©1941
- The First Secret We Learned Effectual praying must be
guided praying: that the first essential was not to pray, but to know what
to pray for.
- The Key to Success We have His mind. We have
His power. If all power is in Him, all power is in us.
- The Technique of Faith Carnality is to be under the
influence of the visible, tangible and temporal, instead of the invisible,
intangible, eternal. We fail to bridge the gap within us between Gods
thoughts and Gods word of faith, because we are bound by the
domination of the visible.
- How to Obtain Guidance The Spirit gives the
guidance. It is always in conformity with the Scriptures, and may be in the
words of Scripture, but it is the indwelling Spirit who guides.
- The Lie of the Ages Satan knows that if he can keep us in
the delusion of separation, we are at his mercy, weak in a crisis, wavering
in a decision.
- The Adventure of Adversity Our evils are never
happenings in themselves, but the effect we allow them to have on us. No
matter whether objectively an experience is apparently good or evil;
subjectively, to the one who fears and doubts, all is evil; to the one who
trusts, all is good.
- Almighty Meekness It is given to some to see
and follow literally in their Masters footsteps, and to them it is
also given to bear witness to their conviction before the world. In every
situation that arises we must be sure that we die.
- How to Maintain Unity The moment I am inclined to
criticize or resent a brother, I must recognize my spirit of criticism as
the sin which concerns me, and not my brothers behaviour: and I must
keep on letting God deal with it till a spirit of appreciative love
replaces it, by which I honour my brother instead of judging him, and
rejoice in all of the image of Christ to be seen in him.
- The Key to a Released Personality The Scripture speaks of
a self, an ego, a nature, which was sin-bound, but now after passing
through a death and resurrection in Christ, is sanctified and meet for the
- The Law of Spiritual Harvest By the practice of the
principle of the Cross, losses and trials, whether unsought or deliberately
chosen, become positive weapons of offence in destroying the works of the
devil and loosening his grip on humanity.